Monday, December 19, 2011

The Best Thing About The Holidays

This list can go on for days but let me just tell you a few good things that come around during the holidays that I can't get enough of:
1. My Husband (he comes around more than just the holidays)
2. The SLC Temple Square Lights
3. The nativities everywhere!
4. Incredible gingerbread houses (charity event put on by Ivory Homes)
5. Beautifully decorated christmas trees
6. Parents!
7. Family!
8. Snow (or lack thereof)
9. Holiday treats (candy canes, Ben's Cookies is also a favorite)
10. Gifts of course
11. And simply just the feeling all around
We need to work on throwing some color into our outfits
I think they are the most attractive parents ever!
Most beautiful sisters (how i miss them during the holidays)



This past weekend my parents came into town to drive my sisters home for the holidays and also to spend time with me (who will be remaining in Utah with her in laws for her first Christmas away from home, its on ongoing process getting used to this idea but I love my family, in laws included and Christmas will be great with my husband no matter where we are).  This weekend was incredible.  As my dad would say "Santa came early," and our little tree was suddenly filled with presents under it.  We spend so much time together, shopping, watching the Presidential Debate of course, and laughing and all the random and silly things my family says every time we are together.  I only wished I could have written down the incomplete and very confusing statements made by my sister Anna.  Don't worry, I have learned my lesson and am determined to write a whole post about it, just warning you that one will probably have the word "Quadriplegic"   It was great to spend time together during the holiday season, even though the saying goodbye was tough.  I continue to love spending this time off from work and school with the hubby snowboarding, watching movies, playing games, and attempting to make Christmas traditions, its an ongoing process as well. I cannot wait for the happy day to be here in T-6 days and the festivities to begin, starting with a drastic hair cut! (so scared, but pictures to come!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment