Let me tell you, the Hansen's know how to do Christmas with a family full of boys! Christmas Eve was the most active Christmas Eve I have ever experienced and it was a blast! With a total of 21 people, it commenced in the church gym from 3 pm- 9pm. Let me just quickly tell you exactly what this day consisted of: Beginning with friendly games of "Horse" with the basketballs and ornament decorating, remote control cars and helicopters given to the sons, then a full on nerf gun war with almost everyone having their own gun (children included), clean up then dinner, live nativity creation including angels, shepherds, Mary and Joseph, wise men, baby Jesus and a narrator of the story, bell songs, Christmas Pajamas, and yet again more nerve gun wars and visiting. It was such an eventful time and so much fun to be with all the Hansen Clan together (first time in years). Of course I missed my family in Colorado but after hearing about the 82 people all in Grandma Shirley's house I was quite grateful for an entire gym :)

 |
| He was quite excited about his car |
 |
| Notice all the boys having nerf guns, and all the darts on the floor |
 |
| Pretty good angel eh? |
 |
| It was a boys heaven in that gym that day! |


David and I also had the privilege of opening a second set of Christmas pajamas from my mother and father! Along with some gifts from Grandma. Could it get any better? Well now onto Christmas Day!! It began with Sticky Buns! Had a little incident with adding too many rolls the night before resulting in a slight overflow in the oven, but quickly diverted and tasted great! Then David and I enjoyed opening our own gifts which was so much fun. Best present? Probably the snow shoes that we each got from my mom and dad! Yes snow shoes, fully equipped with polls. They are awesome! Now all we need is some snow. Then church with David's whole family, lunch, puzzles, stockings, family gifts, stockings, ginger bread houses and dinner. It was a full two days and we wouldn't have had it any other way. I am so grateful for all the family that I am surrounded by. I cannot wait for Christmas next year with my side! But either way, it is never an "off" season for us, we get the best of both worlds!




It is official, my first Christmas away from home was like being in my second home! Merry Christmas!!
What a wonderful Christmas you had! I am so grateful to your wonderful husband and in-laws! Love you!
ReplyDelete