Monday, January 28, 2013

Reminiscing on Family

Not sure if it's the pregnancy hormones or what, what lately I have been pondering a whole lot on my family, mainly events that have happened in the past.  I love looking back on things and remembering good times in our lives.  It's funny how we often forget so many events in our lives, even if they were only 2 years ago.

I remember living with both my sisters while I was engaged.  It seems like just a blip in time now, and yet I remember it being so much fun! Sunday dinners together, after dinner walks along the BYU path, having fresh flowers always in the house because they would go ride their bikes for the specific purpose of finding bunches.  I was so blessed to be able to live with both of them for a time, and I loved it.

I have also been mesmerized by my husband and how lucky I am to have him.  I definitely picked the right man out from that ward directory over two years ago.  With my random nausea attacks, and definitely ongoing random roller coaster of emotions, he has proved himself in so many ways (and he definitely didn't need to prove anything).  He is so sensitive to my needs, even when neither of us knows what they are, and he is so caring.  I have absolutely no worry in my mind about him being an amazing father to our baby.  If it's a boy, I know he will be so excited to have his little buddy, and if it's a girl, I know he will treat her like a princess just how he treats me.






I am so excited for the future, but I am determined to live in the present and enjoy every minute of my life with just David and I.  Especially with my family, before my sister goes on a mission.  A lot of things are happening in our lives, and I want to take full advantage of NOW.  The Lord has blessed us in so many ways and I am not going to take that for granted.

2 comments:

  1. man i'm crying because I know exactly how you feel! it's the most amazing thing. and the good news is, it only gets better! really, I am STOKED for you two. I hope your sickness subsides soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you recognize how quickly time passes. Because before you know it, your babies are all grown up! Love you!

    ReplyDelete