Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas with 3

This year was the very first Christmas with my little family of 3. Anderson's first big celebration, of course he had no idea and could probably care less.  But that didn't stop me from making it SEEM like he cared through pictures, pictures, outfits (excuse me..."clothes" as David corrects me every day), and more pictures.

This Christmas was with David's family.  Every sibling and their families, plus David's parents, up from California, gathered in Utah at the church gym.  Let me tell you, when you have 6 children (3 boys 3 girls), plus their spouses, plus 13 grandchildren (8 of them boys), a gym is the PERFECT place to have Christmas celebrations. And my mother and father in law certainly know how to throw one heck of a celebration.

Christmas Eve consisted of: Christmas tree ornament decorating, pinewood derby car making and racing, minute to win it games, talent show, nativity program equipped with singing, and pajama openings.  Not to mention the incredible dinner, desserts, chatting, and playing playing playing.



Desperate times...
Anderson was definitely ready to play Jesus in the nativity, and we even had a shepared herding a "sheep" right there on stage
This was so special seeing all of my  neices and nephews participate in celebrating the birth of our Savior.  He is what this holiday is all about and it was nice to take a step back and reflect on that.  I am so grateful for the gospel and what my Savior did for me and my family so we can be together forever.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We got to enjoy our own little Christmas morning with Anders.  I made it quite a big deal and I think he enjoyed it...at least he smiled for the camera and ripped/ate the wrapping paper off of his presents.  I love this boy.

He was quite worn out after presents
Christmas Day consisted mainly of, in a loss of words, multiple modes of transportation.  I tell you, those wiggle cars were the hit of the night both with the adults and children.  I don't think there was one not being used between the hours of noon to 6pm.  But the day also consisted of basketball, trains, puzzles, stockings, family gifts, dance party, and JOY! It truly was a magical Christmas.  Anderson did incredible. Despite hardly napping Christmas Eve he was one happy boy. Christmas day he giggled and smiled all over the place. Couldn't have asked for anything better.


Playing with Papa

The holiday would not have been possible without my incredible mother and father in law.  They really do make this holiday so much fun and they definitely know how to wear everyone out.  The planning that went into just two days was insane and yet they made it seem effortless.  I love my in laws, and I love being able to spend holidays with them.  It was a great 1st Christmas with my family of 3 and I cannot wait for Anderson to enjoy them a little more in years to come.

1 comment:

  1. What a great celebration! Kudos to Joyce and Scott! They do know how to party!

    ReplyDelete