Sunday, May 11, 2014

Celebrating Mommyhood

"It's the highest, holiest service assumed by mankind...The divine role of motherhood is a gift from God, and key to His plan of happiness for all his children"

First I want to give my enormous gratitude and love towards my mother.  She is everything to me.  She has taught me right and wrong, taught me how to be polite and socially acceptable, taught me how to handle being one of three sisters (that teaching continues), she is my biggest support and she is my best friend.  Here is the post from last Mothers Day. Everything in that still rings completely true.  However, the difference of this year is that I too, am now a mother.  My mom has helped me tremendously in my mothering.  She is always there to give me advice, to give me comfort, to remind me that I know my son the best, and that I can do hard things.  She teaches me every day and I am sure will continue to teach me every day to come.

But as I have been thinking for weeks about this beautiful holiday, I can't help but be so darn grateful that I can be a mother on this earth.  Sometimes I am in awe of my handsome, perfect little boy.  Motherhood truly is a beautiful thing.  I get emotional just thinking about how lucky I am to have been given this divine role.  I didn't know my heart could love so much.  I didn't know that such a tiny human could love ME so much.  Anderson is my happiness.  Every day I look at his big (unknown color) eyes, and that sweetest little gummy smile and I just melt.  What did I do to deserve him?  What did I do to deserve this role?  I will be eternally grateful to my Father in Heaven for giving me this opportunity, but also for sending me to my own mother. I am blessed.
Motherhood is one of the most difficult things I have ever done, but I would do it 1000 times.  I would do every difficult day over again if it meant that I would be able to spend another day just cuddling with my baby.  I really have no words to describe how blessed I feel and how in love I am with being a mother.  It really is my favorite job in the entire world.  I don't regret being a stay at home mom in the least bit, and I look forward to years and years of it, with more and more littles running around (or in Anderson's case, scooting).
I really just cannot believe that I am now his mom, their mom.  I am now the one that my children will go to.  I now have that special name that children call out for protection, for reassurance, for love.  I have a divine calling.  I am a Mother.  And I will never take that for granted.

"Mothers are endowed with a love that is unlike any other love on the face of the Earth" -Marjorie Pay Hinkley

I hope we can all take a moment to honor the mothers in our lives, whether they be moms, grandmas, aunts, neighbors, teachers, or friends.  #ItwasMom(click link) Happy Mother's Day


2 comments:

  1. sweetest tribute ever. Love you, darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that second picture of anderson.. gah! how cute is he!!!??

    ReplyDelete