Thursday, February 5, 2015

Pregnant + a 17 Month Old

I realized that I have yet to discuss my pregnancy #2.  Some days I feel so terrible that this growing baby is not getting the recognition he/she deserves...but alas an older sibling takes precedent until birth.

This pregnancy almost mirrors my first.  (Currently I am 16 weeks along, 4 months peeps!)

*No sickness unless I don't eat/drink enough (no problem for me, I am perfectly content eating all day long).  But even then I would just get slightly nauseous until I ate.  I am so extremely blessed and grateful for my easy pregnancies!

*I crave carbs and sweets.  But I think I do that regardless of being pregnant.

*I may be showing a couple weeks ahead of when I was with Anderson, but hard to tell.  I can still easily conceal my growing belly.  That's the plus of normally wearing baggy shirts anyways.

*During the first trimester I was extremely exhausted, and still love to nap when Anders does.

*Unlike Anderson we do not know the gender yet at this stage.  We could have paid some extra $$ to do an early check, but really, I just don't care about doing that this time around.  I am busy with my toddler, time goes super fast, and I have absolutely no names picked out so the longer we can postpone knowing, the better.

My prediction of gender is BOY.  No, I do not have any mother intuition, or sixth sense about this whole thing, I simply imagine another boy.  A little brother for Anderson.  A buddy.  They will be almost exactly 23 months apart so I think two little boys would be a blast! Would I be absolutely thrilled with a girl? OF COURSE! As with a boy.  4 more weeks and the wait will be over!


Life right now is busy, happy, and fun.  Anderson literally learns something new every day.  He is hilarious. He talks so much.  We try to keep track of how many words he knows, but we lost count at around 25.  He surprises us every day with throwing another one out.  He also knows the sounds of a lot of his letters (thanks to an app on our phone! technology ain't all bad).  He loves exploring and staying busy.  He still loves to cuddle and will still fall asleep in my arms in different situations.  There has yet to be an airplane ride that he has not slept the entire flight on.  (Praying that keeps up).  I still like to think he is a mommy's boy, but he is becoming more and more attached to daddy as the days go on.  Every day I deal with "daaaaaaaaa.....daaaaaadaaa!" as he looks all around the house for him.  That kid loves when daddy comes home.

He really is the best babe I could ask for and I have no doubt he is going to be the best big brother.  Whenever he sees any baby, on tv, in person, human or animal, he looks at me and says "SHHHHHHHH...baby!" Yup, he will be the biggest helper.  I love my growing little peanut, but until he or she arrives I am going to enjoy every moment with my only child because it is too darn fun!
Sometimes church can be pretty exhausting. Mom is ready for nursery  



Anderson + Donuts=a pretty darn good morning

1 comment:

  1. Ok I'm dying to know though!! So will you just pay the extra money so I can find out now? :) you could know RIGHT NOW. Ahh I can't wait ;) and Anderson is adorable, as always.

    ReplyDelete