Monday, December 5, 2011
The Sweet Souls at Christmas Time
As the semester comes to a close, our social life does as well (for the next two weeks at least). Finals are brutal and require countless hours in the office, on campus, or studying in bed. Tonight was no different until I heard the doorbell ring. I get quite excited when I hear that beautiful ring, David never answers the door because I always think that anyone that would be knocking on our door would be for me of course (selfish I know). Anyways, running to open the door I found the most darling little blonde, blue eyed boy, probably age 3 holding an envelope and a bag of goodies and in his cute little voice say "Merry Christmas!" A huge smiled came across my face as I expressed my gratitude. That cute little boy was what made the difference between a night of tough sitting and studying, to a night where I was reminded of the meaning of Christmas and the sweet souls of those in our ward that put their thoughts towards "Brudr Hansen and Sister Hansen". In the First Presidency Christmas Devotional President Monson said, "The spirit of Christmas is the spirit of love, of generosity, and of goodness...the Christmas spirit is the Christ spirit". I will always remember the little boy that was on my doorstep tonight and try to be more like him and remember why we celebrate this wonderful season. I just love when things like this happen! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment