Sunday, January 13, 2013

Shout out to Becca...soon to be Sister Young


As most know, my younger sister Becca, is going on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, to Stockholm, Sweden! She reports to the Provo MTC on March 27 and I cannot be more excited for her.  My dad went to Sweden, my grandpa went to Sweden (where he met my grandma), and we have had Swedish traditions in our home as long as I can remember.

It was almost too good to be true that Bex would get called there.  That was the guess that most people had, but you didn't want to truly commit and believe it because it just seemed too good to actually happen.  But trust me, when she read Stockholm out loud while we were all sitting together in Breckinridge, the screams said it all.  We were so excited for her, tears were shed and congrats were given.  She took 2 years of Swedish at BYU, so is already ahead of the game.  Not to mention that she is going to fit right in with her blonde hair and blue eyes. She is Beautiful!  If anyone should go to Sweden, it should be her.  She has loved Swedish customs forever.  The food, the toys, the decorations, the culture.  It is going to be perfect.

She is such an example to me and I am so proud to call her my sister.  I cannot wait to hear all about her adventures and experiences.  We are all hoping to join my parents and travel to pick her up at the end of her 18 month mission....cross your fingers.

She is my best friend.  We have so many memories and laughs together.  I have loved living so close to her my whole life and I will miss her so much when she is gone but I am overjoyed for her.


Becca, you are going to be amazing and grow so much and teach and bring the gospel to so many people.  Thank you for being such a good example to me, and always being there for me, and thank you for sacrificing 18 months of your life to do the Lord's work, you will be blessed! I love you!
Stockholm LDS Temple


3 comments:

  1. I love this post! You are such a good sister. I love both of you. I am so excited for Becca. She is so lucky to have such a supportive loving family. One of the first things that impressed me about you and Becca was how good you treated each other. Thanks for your examples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy. I'm not sure I like to think about this! Very sweet post, Kirsti. Loves

    ReplyDelete
  3. All so true.! Sweden is perfect. March 27th is going to be here in no time.

    ReplyDelete