-Parents left...awful! Everyone I have talked to says they haven't met a new mom who has not cried when their mother left...well I can tell you that I have kept that statement true! So many emotions that day. My mother was absolutely amazing the first week of little Anderson's life. She cooked, she cleaned, she took care of him so David and I could nap, or take a walk, or just relax together. She helped us get out and run errands, making it seem so easy with a new babe. She just made me feel comfortable and right at home with him. And my Dad was just adorable with his new grandson. He loves him so much and would be the first to offer to hold him or burp him whenever necessary, it was precious. So you can imagine how hard it was when they left.
-I got diagnosed with an early case of Mastitis. If you know what this is...you know it's awful. Thankfully it was caught way early and that was not as much the issue as was the fever that came along with it. Two days straight I was basically on the couch with a fever of 101, just trying to rest.
-Sleeping while achy. Basically means not sleeping. Worst of all Anders has been sleeping incredible, too bad for a couple nights we couldn't enjoy it because I was burning up and moving all around...poor David had two helpless things to take care of every evening.
HIGHS:
-We gave Anders his first bath! (sponge bath of course, his little belly button had not come off yet). But he absolutely loved it! He did not cry at all, and was obsessed with the running water in the sink we kept going for him. Gosh it was the most adorable thing
-Cuddling. Because my body was so hot this week he has not wanted to nap anywhere but on me...which is perfectly fine with me considering I was basically bed ridden. Best cuddle buddy ever.
-He slept from 10:30 to 4:45 on Wednesday. I will feed him as much as the little eater craves if it means dad and I can sleep that long!
-His facial expressions. Enough said.
-Anders' 2 week appointment definitely showed him to be 21 inches long not 18.5". We knew it!
-Quick little date night out to yogurt. Thanks Auntie Anna...you are amazing and David and I really appreciate it. It was like old times...even though I was checking in to make sure Anders was ok
-My 23rd bday celebration as a little family. Couldn't ask for anything better.



So sweet! Can't wait to see him -- er, you all again! Loves!
ReplyDelete