Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Feelings of Motherhood

I find myself every night while nursing Anders thinking about the things I have discovered about motherhood that I absolutely adore. It's quite calming being in his adorable nursery (i am quite proud of it), with the soft blue light glowing, waves or thunderstorm sounds playing, rocking in the rocker and starring at my little boy in awe of my role now.

Feelings of motherhood:
  • Having a warm cuddle buddy all the time, that never wants to move (I think he would sleep on me all day long)
  • Playing dress up.  yup even with a boy, I aboslutely love putting him in clothes and can't wait for him to fit into his cute bigger ones
  • KNOWING WHAT HE WANTS.  This is a biggie.  I love love love that I am learning what my baby wants and likes. 
  • I love knowing that he likes to be swaddled and then wrapped in an additional blanket.  
  • I love knowing he likes to have something close to his face (ie. his hands, my hands, or my favorite, his bunny)
  • I love knowing that he he goes limp and stares off into the distance when I bounce him
  • Knowing he is completely dependent on me.  It's kinda nice 
  • Watching his ever changing faces.  They go from pouty, to happy, to sad, to his zoolander face, all within 1 minute.  It can entertain me for hours. 
  • Finally realizing how he acts when full! (my milk supply went down after being sick and he was not getting enough) He is so content now and instead of a milk coma, he tends to go into a milk high (notice picture in hat below)
  • Constant thoughts of what my baby may be thinking 
  • Overload of baby pictures
  • Soaking in every present moment but still always envisioning the future and the fun we will have as he grows
  • Loving my baby Anderson every moment of every day for eternity






1 comment:

  1. he looks different in every picture! you will looovvee looking back and reading these posts...so cute!

    ReplyDelete