Last week I was lucky enough to take a nice little vacation with Anderson to the good old Colorado. My cousin Nia was having her mission farewell and I definitely wanted to be there for it! It never hurts that Grandma and Grandpa are also there and always looking for excuses to spend time with their grandson.
During this great getaway, a few things happened for the first time.
*Anderson ate peas, bananas, carrots, and peaches for the first time! Needless to say he is one big eater and will eat anything....even if he doesn't like it. Peas he did not care for and would make funny faces, stick out his tongue, make a "eh" sound and slowly swallow it. Sweet potatoes however he opens his mouth over and over again for more . No wonder he weighs 17 pounds.
 |
| that is one fat, happy, and healthy baby |
*He also sat in a highchair for the first time and loved it! So much better than the bumbo where he constantly is leaning forward, trying to grab is feet, which in turn smooshes his tummy and that never ends well.
He also learned how to snort while laughing
*He learned to roll over from his back to his tummy finally! He had the tummy to back down becuase he tummy sleeps and always rolls over when he wakes up, but now to can do both! It does make diaper changes difficult though (many an instance of peeing on himself, myself, and the floor).
*Had his first chiropractic adjustment. I know it sounds torturous but he kept getting ear infections due to fluid build up behind his ear drum. A friend of the family mentioned one quick adjustment would do wonders. Quick, easy little back adjustment, ears popped and viola! He went right to sleep for a nap on his own again! It was heaven.
 |
| quite relaxed |
*Daddy finished his first ever homemade bed frame!! It is incredible and I am obsessed with it. Mind you it does not contain any screws whatsoever! He created the design all on his own and made it happen. Proud wife moment.
*We also discovered how much of a bubble bum Anderson has. I mean truly, it is a great bubble bum.
*This isn't new but he ALWAYS points his legs just like this. No clue why. At first I thought it was because he just got so excited he couldn't contain himself when he was little...but nope, it has stuck around. I don't even do anything...he even does it in his carseat or on walks in the stroller just randomly. I love it.
Basically our quick trip to Colorado was a major success. We love spending time with Grandma and Grandpa and I love watching Anderson grow, change, and begin to recognize new things. It was the best when his face would light up every time he saw or heard Grandpa, and that he would start giggling while playing with Grandma. Oh this age is just so much fun!
He.is.so.big!!! Such a chunky, adorable baby you guys have there :)
ReplyDeleteMiss you both so so so much! Loves.
ReplyDelete