Sunday, August 31, 2014

Anderson Turns 1!


My little baby boy is 1 year old! I sat looking through his photo album of pictures from birth through 11 months and I just can't believe it.  It went so fast. August 31, 2013 was the most incredible day.  As I read Anders' birth story here I can't help but get emotional remembering that fantastic experience.  I really couldn't have asked for a better labor and delivery.  I scan through the memories and I am filled with joy and love.  How can I be sad to lose my "baby" when his whole life is ahead of me and every moment with him is so fun! Where is Mr Anderson as a 1 year old?
-Holds up one finger if you ask how old he is! (this is recent of course and I love it!)
-Two little bottom teeth (still working their way up completely)
-Hazel-ish eyes (kinda brown, kinda green, kinda slate).  They are beautiful
-Been walking since 10 months, goes everywhere. 
-Loves playing with any and every toy, including all kitchen "toys"
-Does a fake laugh which is hilarious
-Says "mama", and "dada" and is good at copying a lot of one syllable words
 -Knows the signs of "more", "all done", "water", and "help"
-Knows what a Cow, "ooooooo", Dog "ah ah" (really high pitched), Lion and Pig (a "growl" in his throat, it works for a snort too), and Fish (with his lips) says. 
-Waves hello and goodbye
-Blows kisses
-Loves being outside and always finds his shoes and takes them to the door and knocks until I let him out
-Takes two naps about 1.5 hours each.  Goes down on his own for both
-Loves his crib, often just jabbers and reads before and after naps
-Wakes up at 7 on the dot no matter what time he goes down
-Nurses 2 times still, morning and night
-Claps when something makes him happy
-Loves music.  If he hears a beat he stops in his tracks and starts "dancing" (bouncing up and down and shaking his hands and arms)
-LOVES food.  He will cry if he sees food and he can't have it.  And it instantly makes him happy
-Has dirty blonde hair 
-Is pretty timid around all animals, if they show him their teeth he gets terrified
-A shy little boy around strangers
-Loves his dad but is a complete mommy's boy
-Snuggle bug x10
-Knows where his head, nose, mouth, and belly button are
-Is squishy! 
-Is the sweetest, funniest, most lovable boy.  And I love him to bits.  

Happy Birthday my Darling Anderson. This year has been the greatest year of my life and I look forward to many many more of watching you grow and seeing the world through your sweet, innocent eyes.

ps. I have to give a huge shout out and thank you to my sister Anna for taking all of these incredible pictures! Who needs a professional photographer? She is amazing! Thank you Anna, you are the best Auntie Anna Anders could have and we love you!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Anders!! He is the sweetest thing and I just love him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so darling. And the post is so sweet. He's such a good little boy!

    ReplyDelete