Monday, September 1, 2014

Have your cake and eat it too

 First I just have to show the sequence of Anderson seeing his cake but not having it, then seeing it start to be brought to him, and finally the cake actually being placed in front of him.  This all happened within seconds of each other.  And this describes his love of food perfectly.  Complete and utter sadness when he can't have what he wants, and then instant contentment when he can. 
We celebrated Anderon's birthday a week early because my parents and brother and sister in law and little nephew Carter were all in town at the same time! It worked perfectly.  6 days never hurt a 1 year old, especially when he has no idea what his birthday is yet.  It was a very calm and stress free celebration.  Homemade Banana Cake made by Grandma, eaten in the grass at The Gardens at Thanksgiving Point.  Couldn't get any better.  Glad lots and lots of pictures could capture the event! 
Of course cousin Carter needed to join in on the goodness and Anders was more than willing to share
They were definitely a couple of happy kiddos sharing some birthday cake together
I apologize for the cake eating picture overload but come on...how could I not? 

We also of course had to open presents! Grandma and Grandpa spoiled this boy with tools and technology, and Aunt Dani Bree and Uncle Daron got right to his heart with a big stuffed giraffe! This boy loves his stuffed animals, gave it hugs and kisses right away. 
Auntie Anna also gave him the most adorable shirt and truck set that he loves and drives the cars all over the floor while saying "voooooooommm" It's the cutest.  
We of course had a little dessert party with friends and family on his actual birthday also which was so fun and nice to see everyone that came.  

Thanks Natalie for letting us borrow Ryker's bike for a bit! Anders is so ready for his own :) 

Anderson's birthday week was a success.  No stress.  Calm.  Happy.  I am semi glad that I can finally just call my baby a one year old.  Oh I love him.  He is just the greatest.  Now onto his 2nd year! 


No comments:

Post a Comment