My husband has done it once again! We lost the desk that we used in our main room (it belonged to my brother of course), and naturally David would rather make something completely custom so we have exactly what we want rather than spending money to buy it. Works for me! We decided we didn't need something to sit at but more for storage and he loves combining metal and wood so behold....our newest handcrafted piece of furniture.
Come on how darn talented is he??! And of course I was so obsessed with the piece I knew it deserved some darn good hardware. Naturally Anthropologie was the place to get them at. I love the knobs!
Normally we stain the pieces David makes because we just love the natural grain of the wood, however, this one I wanted to be something different, a little more modern and sleek in contrast to the semi rustic construction he did (no tracks for the drawers), so I decided to paint! It was terrifying and semi sad to say goodbye to the beautiful look of the oak wood, but I am so happy with how it turned out!
I love having such a talented husband! I love all of our unique pieces in the home and I love being able to semi feel like I participated by staining or painting, but let's be real here, David is the true master.
Oh and heads up! The saddest thing ever, we have to sell our 60 inch Cement Top Table (click to see it). I am heartbroken over this! I absolutely love this table. Unfortunately with moving to California and not knowing where we will be moving to and how long we will be there, a 500 lb table is not very ideal to bring along with us. If you are interested about purchasing it when we move please let me know! It can easily be used outdoors also because the stain we used and heaven knows that thing ain't tipping over from the wind!
Plus one more side note: David constructed (literally in a matter of minutes) this "photo box frame" for my sister's light design for a class. Once again I just want to brag about my talented man. :) My sister's design wasn't too shabby either.







No comments:
Post a Comment