Thursday, January 7, 2016

Hansen Christmas Eve 2015


Christmas with the Hansen clan is always so much fun.  We all gathered in Utah where half of the group lives, and let me tell you the 13.5 hour drive with two kiddos wasn't bad! We drove through the night and Sterling slept the entire time in between feeding sessions, and Anderson slept and was just chill and happy the whole ride too.  We couldn't have asked for a better outcome. 
Christmas Eve consists of meeting at the church building and just playing in the gym.  We eat, we play, we do crafts, we have a Nativity program, and different musical shows, we open cousin gifts and christmas pjs. It really is a great night leading up to Santa's visit! 
And this year Anderson was obsessed with his cousins.  It was so fun to watch him playing so comfortable with everyone.  And my nieces and nephews are the greatest.  Really everyone is so sweet and so good with the littles and all get along really well.  It just made me so happy seeing my son fit right in. I love Christmas time. 


Nativity.  Sterling was a fairly discontent baby Jesus and Anderson was a shepherd
We did a last minute makeshift costume.  Thank goodness for beautiful scarves 

Yeah...it was a little unorganized, but hey it's the message that counts
Anderson did actually participate in the program and got on the stage and sang "I am a child of God" all by himself.  I was so proud.  Later on of course he decided to join in with his cousin and play some piano.  I hope this is one of many pictures I get of him on the piano. 
David's little brother Brent had a surprise for the entire crew.  He made rubber band guns for EVERYONE! He brought goggles for protection and markers so all the kids could color their own gun. It was a fun and dangerous few minutes with rubber bands flying everywhere around that gym.  Those boys and girls were in heaven! 
Sterling also started sitting up on his own during this trip! I can't get enough of it. 

And let's not forget the best part of Christmas Eve.  Pajamas! My first year choosing pjs for my kids.  My sisters and mom can attest to my lack of decision making skills, but I did it.  I chose them! (anderson helped)


Eventually it got to be too much for Anderson to try to hold brother up so we could get an unassisted picture.  HA! Merry Christmas Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment