Sunday, July 24, 2016

Sterling Steven Turns One

My baby boy is 1! I can't believe it.  But then again I can.  The year went so fast but so much happened and I remember those months of "newborn" stage and cuddles and cries and confusion, and then I look at where we are now and how can I be sad??! I mean look at that stinkin cute boy? He has become such an adorable little kiddo with such a personality.  

 He woke up to balloons all over the house and some darn good strawberry pancakes which he downed.  The boy eats more than Anderson.  Not sure where it all goes.  At his 1 year appt he weighed ALMOST 18 pounds.  6 %tile baby! He's a bottomless pit.  He loves his food and his whole milk, and nursing which we are just about weaned from.  Just about but it's a darn easy tactic to get him back to sleep in the a.m.


 He has the cutest snaggletooth you ever did see plus 4 more teeth.  Two bottom and two next to his top one.  Goofiest teeth growth but I love it so much.
He LOVES soft things, especially stuffed animals.  We eventually had to get him his own one because Anderson aint sharing his.  And the reaction was THE CUTEST! He begs for it every morning when we take him out of his crib.  I adore it.


 After spending the day with grandma and grandpa who flew in that day (BEST EVER!), we made a little cake for the birthday boy and took him out for some good old cake eating and birthday pictures.  I love how they turned out.  Anderson wasn't having a good evening so no happy pictures with him but Sterling quite enjoyed himself.  He just kills me with his handsome little features.









Sterling is walking everywhere.  Gets into everything.  Loves following his brother around and destroying whatever he is making.  Puts everything in his mouth.  Everything.  Learns things so darn quickly.  Is quite dramatic.  But he is such a chill babe.  Out and about he rarely cries and is almost always happy, except when he is hungry or tired. Falls asleep in your arms.  Loves his crib.  Loves cuddles and kisses.  Loves flirting and playing hide and seek.  Babbles constantly. Almost sleeps completely through the night.  We are close, he sometimes likes to wake up between 5 and 6, nurse like 3 minutes and then go back down. Finally starting to like the playground which is just too fun. Says "mama, dada, anna"(auntie), what sounds like "dog".  Signs "please" and sometimes "more", and points and whines to whatever he wants. He's bossy.  He really is such a light in our family.  I can't remember life without him.  We love you so much! Happy birthday buddy boy! 

2 comments:

  1. Those pics turned out great- tall grasses that match his hair!! Cute! And thats so sweet about his own stuffed animal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest birthday boy ever! It was so great to be there for his big day!

    ReplyDelete