David had to work over Memorial Day so we stuck around for the weekend and he decided to take Friday off for his comp day for working the holiday. I didn't want to let that day go to waste! He often chooses to work the smaller holidays so that we can take comp days during the week and enjoy fun outings without all of the crowds. We don't like crowds. David especially doesn't like crowds. Works for me. We drove an hour south to Watsonville to the Gizdich Ranch to pick some fresh strawberries. Online it said they are "plentiful" and boy were they. So many beautifully red ripe strawberries. And now I want to rehearse the book "The hungry mouse, the red ripe strawberry, and the big hungry bear". I have it all memorized. Anyways. After filling our buckets we ventured to the main farm area and enjoyed a couple slices of their pies. Um, those pies are amazing! I highly recommend the Dutch Apple Pie. Sterling couldn't keep his quick little hands away from it. We will definitely be going back to that ranch during apple season to pick from the trees. Anderson noticed they were growing and got quite excited to go back during the Fall Season and pick apples from the "Halloween trees".














After enjoying our home brought picnic at the farm, we drove 20 minutes west to the coast to what is becoming our favorite beach, Sunset State Beach. Oh I just love it. It's not very crowded. Beautifully up against a mountain with lovely houses on top and sand dollars a plenty along the shoreline. It was a good day. And one thing was learned. Anderson still is terrified of touching the ocean water, and Sterling is not. Nope, not one bit. He crawls right towards those waves. I am going to have my hands full when that one learns to walk. Which is only a matter of weeks away, he has already taken a few steps (gasp!) My little baby is getting big. Not really physically, he is so tiny still, but hey at least he is developing.
We love days off with David. Especially when we can be outside. It just makes me so happy. Here's to the outdoors!
What great pictures of a great day! I want to go!
ReplyDelete