Sterling adores his older brother. Anderson is literally the only one that can get him to laugh no matter what. And he is so good with him. I can leave them alone in the crib or toy room and I have no worry they will be fine. Anders even will take things out of Sterling's mouth that aren't supposed to be there. Basically he can just parent for me. But really, they are the best of friends and it warms my heart seeing them play together and start to communicate in their own ways.
Sterling is a very happy baby unless he is tired or hungry. He eats everything. Literally, everything. He has been crawling for a couple months and has even taken a couple quick steps randomly. It won't be long before that boy is walking. He climbs. Oh does he climb. He is a much better climber than Anderson was at his age. But he is much lighter than he also. Sterling is a skinny little thing. 8th percentile. Oh sweet little boy. He has started to communicate a little bit. He nods yes, along with a little grunt, and shakes his head for no. And a few times he does the sign "more" when he is eating. I love this stage and the ones coming up! It's so fun to communicate.
He sometimes sleeps through the night. Most often he wakes up once or twice. Sometimes hungry, sometimes in pain, sometimes who knows. It doesn't really bug me much. We are pretty low key. No strict schedule. I have gotten pretty used to not sleeping more than 4 hours straight for almost a year. Moms are blessed with an ability to function pretty darn normally on lack of sleep. Pretty normally. Hopefully I will eventually get back to those precious 6-8 hours of straight sleep. But then I will probably get pregnant again. It's the circle of life.
![]() |
| Notice the little foot on the basket when Sterling is standing. It's Anderson so Sting doesn't fall over. Bless his heart |
We sure love our little Stir Fry. (That's his new nickname David gave him and I am pretty sure it's sticking. Anderson calls him 'Little fry!' or 'Sting'. He came up with that one when he was born. He gets into everything, is quite the little dramatic child, (he has a good cry he gives when he doesn't get his way), but he is so happy, and so flipping cute. Two more months until my baby is 1 and I can't wait!







No comments:
Post a Comment