Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Bitter and The Sweet

Last week was definitely Bitter Sweet.  The whole family was fortunate enough to head to the good old state of Colorado for Becca's mission farewell.  It was so much fun having the whole family together, especially knowing it would be the last time in 18 months.  Little miss Becca just went into the MTC for the next 6 weeks before she gets shipped off to Stockholm, Sweden for the remainder of her mission. It was probably the hardest and strangest thing I have had to do.  But before that, her farewell, and another surprise! The weekend was incredible.

We all got into Colorado late morning on Friday...and of course headed straight for Qdoba.  If you are unfortunate enough to not live in Colorado, and have never partaken of this glorious place, do so ASAP.  The best part of this lunch was David and I revealed the gender of our little Peanut! The clinic I go to does an EARLY GENDER CHECK for FREE! Yup, completely free, just for kicks.  So that little one turned 15 weeks, and we were ready! So lucky. Here is how it went down...


David and I made up these little babies previously...it was the only thing I could think of that was creative, fairly easy, and that I could transport easily on an airplane.

Unfortunately, they didn't work out quite as planned...the cute fortunes got stuck to the cookies, ripped everywhere, darn, but at least Mom found the magic word, untarnished.


Yup...it's a LITTE BABY BOY!!!! We could not be happier.  When we were told, the first thing David said was "I knew it!" He would...he has been calling him a boy almost since we found out we were pregnant, but definitely since baby officially became a "fetus", previously David just called him embryo.  That's my husband for you.  But we are so so excited, he is healthy and moving all over the place.  The little man is 5 inches now and in 4 short weeks we get to do the big ultrasound and get all the measurements...it will be perfect.
Look at that adorable little profile, button nose and everything
                                                                                                                                                                     
Now onto the BIG stuff.  Sister Young's farewell.  It was full of family visits, laughs, emotions, and happiness.  The open house was a complete success featuring everything Swedish you could ask for.  Mom made her famous Swedish Meatballs, we had Swedish bread, cheese and meat for sandwiches, Swedish fish of course, and a whole lot of desserts.  It was so much fun, and you could feel the love for Bex.

Her Sunday farewell talk was incredible also! She did such an amazing job.  And our sister Anna, Dad, and aunts/cousins/uncles all sang a musical number together which was beautiful, here is where the tears began. And then of course I had to give the closing prayer...basically a cruel joke...I could barely get any words out.  But it was so amazing, the Spirit was so strong and you just knew that Becca was so ready to head out and do the Lord's work.  It was definitely a weekend to remember. 

They are beautiful
Final family picture for 18 months, and we will have at least one other addition by then!



Finally, to round off the weekend, we had an early Easter/Bdays(Becca will miss two)/Going Away Cake, equipped with gold, good luck candles.  Becca made it of course.


I love her!
The toughest part happened yesterday...saying goodbye.  It was so strange to drop her off on the curb, with awaiting Elders escorting her to the building, knowing after we hugged her and she walked away, she would not turn back.  (Becca just doesn't do that).  I broke down a little in the car.  I know she is going to do incredible and I cannot wait to receive her first letter hearing all about her new life.  It is a crazy thing sending a sister on a mission, knowing the circumstances, but also knowing what she will be doing makes it all worth it.  She is doing the Lord's work, and will be blessed, and bless so many others.  I am so proud of her and love her with all my heart!
Sweden is one lucky country
So many events happened in one week, it was a roller coaster of emotions, but it was all so happy and I loved every minute of it.  Cannot wait to see what happens next!


1 comment: