Monday, March 4, 2013

The Power of Food...

Lately, I have been obsessed with eating.  I blame the pregnancy hormones and cravings, but it's probably just because I love food and DESSERTS!  Yup, I believe you should have something for dessert after every dinner.  It just doesn't feel complete without it.

And with these new cravings of wanting carbs, but then fruits, but then protein, then desserts, then bread, then ice cream....(it continues), I have learned how powerful making your own food is.  It:

-subsides my cravings
-makes me feel more like a wife/future mom
-makes the house smell good
-helps me feel accomplished 
-gives me an excuse to jam my music and dance around the kitchen 

I feel like these are all very healthy activities to do around the house during the week.  My sweet parents also gave us my very first Food Processor! It has been a dream.  But I have been dying to make pie crust in it (for some reason this is what most people talk about with food processors).  So when I saw a pinterest pin for Chocolate Chip Cookie PIE, made in the food processor, I was all about it.  I got to use my kitchen tool, and also a chocolate chip cookie pie sounded absolutely divine! 
First ever homemade pie crust!
OR SO I THOUGHT....
So. Let me just admit that I wrote this post BEFORE the cookie was even done, I specifically said "Complete Success". Note to self: don't assume something before you know the end result. 
Pre Baking...looking good right?
Cookie Pie came out of the oven, in an extreme fail.  It was so bad it was sad.  I blame the recipe.  (dont use it!).  The pie crust ROSE.  That's not supposed to happen, right?! It was like a sugar cookie and got so thick that it didn't allow the cookie in the middle to cook.  Basically we had a sugar cookie holding a chocolate chip cookie soup inside.  It was such an epic fail it was hilarious and David and I could not help but laugh.  
my sad cookie pie soup
Welp, so much for this post.  But I still stand behind the Power of Food.  I was having an off night, and this definitely brightened me up.  Now, I am going to dig into a box of store bought cookies, yup, I feel fine about it. 


1 comment:

  1. hahaha. epic fails in the kitchen are the worst! at least they are good stories to tell. :)

    ReplyDelete