Monday, July 1, 2013

Baby Turns 30 Weeks

It's been a while since I really took the time the think about how baby and I have grown during these past few weeks.  It's so strange to me that I am 30 weeks pregnant, and that this little man will join our family in 10 short weeks.  10 weeks.  I remember when I was 10 weeks pregnant, thinking how fast it went and yet how long I still have to go.  And now I have those 10 short weeks left of little Peanut constantly twisting and kicking and jabbing me in the ribs.  But I wouldn't have it any other way.

I don't think this pregnancy has really gone fast or slow.  I am sure that will change once I hit 37 weeks, but who knows, it's all so new to me and I can't expect anything.  I have enjoyed every minute of it though.  Best part? Probably feeling him move.  Worst: I really can't put my finger on anything bad.  I have been so blessed.  Yes, there are uncomfortable times.  Yes, he loves my ribs lately.  Yes, I have to be a little more cautious of what I do and don't do.  Yes, I have a protruding belly and a slowly protruding belly button, but hey...I am growing a baby in there! What do you expect?


It truly is a miracle.  It is incredible and so hard to comprehend sometimes that this little baby is growing and developing inside me and that his little spirit will enter our home in just a couple months.  Yes, I am taking full advantage of my time without a little guy being completely dependent on his dad and myself, and loving our summer together.  But I am also so extremely excited to have him in our lives and have the new, different, but exciting adventure as a little family.  I think that we should all embrace every moment, and every stage of life because they won't last.  We need to look forward to the changes and just love it.  And that's exactly what we are doing and I couldn't be happier.

I am happy to say that baby is healthy and he sure is getting strong and long in my opinion. Or he just doesn't like being curled up because he spans across my entire belly.  He loves those ribs.  He also has made it known that he does not like loud scary noises.  We went and saw World War Z the other day...I am not a huge zombie fan, but baby sure did NOT like the noise.  He was moving nonstop during the loud parts, completely calm during the quiet ones.  I felt like he really wanted to get out of there.  Poor thing must have been scared to death :) I love learning about his habits, even in the womb...I just wonder if it is any indication of how he will be when he is born. I hope so, because during my yoga classes, he loves it! He moves a lot, but not in a scared, want to get out of there way, it's just slight little movements.  My little yogi baby!  Here's to waiting and figuring it out more! And I sure am excited to learn all about his habits and little personality.

Yet another DIY project for baby's room.  But this time done by my amazing husband.  I am so proud.
Baby's very own painting created by none other than his Daddy! 


1 comment:

  1. You guys are so so close!!! It's the most amazing thing huh? Ah and that painting? So neat.

    ReplyDelete