Friday, July 11, 2014

Lake Powell '14 Part I

This Powell trip was much different than previous (they always are).  But unfortunately, little sis is still on her mission in Sweden, and brother, SIL, and sweet nephew were unable to make it also.  That left my parents, two kids, one spouse, and one baby + the 8 guests my sister and I invited. Yup, we brought our little 10 month old nugget.  We heard many opinions from people beforehand..."oh a baby will be fine! we did it"...."oh I would be terrified bringing a baby on board!".  My parents didn't have any experience with a little one on board so they couldn't very well tell us no :) and Anderson is still nursing so of course we couldn't leave him at home...leaving only one option, bring the little man along! NO REGRETS! He seriously was a little angel.  So happy.  Slept when he needed to.  Still slept through the night.  Napped fine.  Cuddled a lot.  So curious and would crawl and walk around everything he could get his hands on.  Swam.  Loved the speed boat.  Ate like a champ.   He really was the dream baby in Lake Powell.  I am so glad we were able to take him with us for our first little family powell trip.  We will see what next year brings, but he was the perfect age to take in my opinion.  And I am so thankful that all of the guests that came with us loved him just as much, it's always nice when others love your baby.  They hardly heard him cry (unless all his food was gone) and he loved all of the attention.
The married ones
The first half of the trip was with everyone there (13 adults, 1 baby), but the friends could only stay the weekend, leaving our small little family of 5 Sunday night-Wednesday morning.  It was sad to see everyone go. It was fun to spend time with just family and take a hike and just relax, but of course we wished that our whole party could have remained longer.  It was so much fun regardless though.  However, I mainly just have pictures of my baby, makes sense right? Luckily we had multiple camera savvy people on board so more pictures should come. But our entire crew was amazing.  So laid back, so helpful, so much fun! It was a drama free, care free, enjoyable trip.  I love Lake Powell.  (ps. thank you to all the men on board! When the anchors broke loose one night in a wind storm, we would have been in big trouble if it wasn't for all of their help! It pays to bring guys)
All the friends
Paddle Boards were one of the best decisions of this trip.  They were so much fun!
Warning: picture overload ahead 
David!!
I definitely fell hard right after landing this, glad David caught this instead of the fall 
My mom is amazing!
Anna!


Lake Powell is seriously the best.  And it's not possible without my incredible parents! Thank you mom and dad for always giving us such amazing memories.  I cannot wait to see what next year brings! 



No comments:

Post a Comment