Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Hansen Thanksgiving 2016

Thanksgiving with the Hansen Clan never disappoints. We drove a whopping 16 hours to get there in two days (holiday traffic is awful) but thankfully the boys were champs, and we spent 7 full days and nights with family.  We saw my sisters, caught up with friends, and spent much needed Hansen family time.  The boys were in absolute cousin heaven.  
I really do feel so blessed to have married into such a wonderful family.  When we are all together playing games, I don't think I ever laugh harder.  I have some darn good brother and sister in laws and the most amazing mother and father in law.  Thank you for everything Joyce and Scott, we had so much fun! 
Sterling's first experience of snow didn't disappoint either. 
Apparently this is Joyce's signature pose.  I love it because I feel like all moms can relate or will relate in the very near future ;)
Pretty sure Anderson spent the majority of Thanksgiving Turkey Bowl Monday chasing around this adorable older cousins and my heart about melted.  They are the sweetest with him! 
We love aunties! 

 The picture sequence of this event below is spot on.  First time playing flag football.  So excited to get the ball and run.  Flag got taken.  I attempt to avoid the inevitable sadness with hugs and encouragement.  But obviously that doesn't work and cries ensue.  That sensitive spirit of his is one of my favorite qualities he has.  I sure love him.


It's all out of love trust me. 
And what child/adult doesn't love riding in the back of a pick up? 
Thanksgiving dinner also met all expectations.  And thankfully I was able to get a family picture before the food and messiness began.  Thanks Brent!
Papa became Sterling's absolute favorite.  If he was around you knew Sterling would be close by and would often hear "Papa!!!!" They were the cutest. 
The entire family.  I sure love them. 
And all of the kiddos.  Seriously though, I don't think I have ever seen a group of so many kids play so darn well together.  Really.  No fighting.  No one is a bully. All are so good with the littles.  It's pretty impressive. 
And then naturally at the end of the night things get a little crazy.  I do love that little grandpa bum of his though.  
It was a perfect Thanksgiving in Utah.  We already miss being around so much family.  I am so extremely thankful.  

1 comment: